Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Roller Coaster Weekend!

This weekend was full of many happy and sad memories. I will admit that in my mind the happy events outweigh the bad. It all started on Friday afternoon. I got off of work and got ready to go to Yuma. Seeing my family is always a joyous occasion that ends with many new fond memories. This time it was special... there were friends coming with me!!! Those accompanying me to Yuma were: Alexa, Jackie, and . . . . . . . Kevin. As my stories tend to become long and in depth with many unnecessary details I will cut from the car ride scene to the goodbyes in the parking lot. In this scene there are many hugs and happy congratulations. This is because Kevin and I are officially dating. I must admit that it is still odd to say that I am dating! Aaaahhh!!! I don't know who is reading this but I will include a picture so that those who are reading will be able to put a name with a face.



Then on Sunday I found myself back on the road to Yuma. This time for a bittersweet event; the my aunt, uncle, and cousin's farewell service. We moved to Yuma almost 8 years ago to be under the wonderful headship of Pastor Kevin Foley (who also happens to be my uncle). I will admit that I was completely against the move at first as I was leaving my entire life on the east coast. Yet as the years have passed I have come to love and cherish my time in Yuma. It wasn't always easy, but I consider the place where I found myself. Where I discovered who I was as a person and as a Christian. Even though I no longer am a part of that congregation I am looking forward to all that God has for them under the leadership of Pastor Adam Scarry and his family (Stephanie, Logan, Connor, and Sage). We were sad as we said good-bye to not only our beloved pastor, but also our family. Also rejoicing as we welcomed an amazing family into the Yuma congregation.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this...Through your posts I have been able to see more of YOU! Therefore, I don't miss you as much...or maybe I miss you more! I hope that all is well...I think you need to update and but the cute India outfit picture up!
    LOVE YOU SIS...Anne

    ReplyDelete